Mission, Vision & Values
Our mission is to develop pharmacists, educators and scientists whose leadership, dedication and innovation improve the health of our local and global communities.
To prepare tomorrow’s leaders through innovative teaching, research and clinical practices that translate scientific discoveries into new treatments and models of care to improve both health and quality of life.
- Excellence: continuously striving for the highest quality of performance and outcome.
- Strive to do our best
- Commitment to high quality
- Encourage an environment that learns from mistakes and fosters imagination and innovation
- Take initiative
- Integrity steadfast adherence to moral and ethical principles.
- Behave ethically, honestly and fairly
- Do the right thing
- Set a good example; be a role model
- Accountability: being held responsible for one’s actions.
- Admit mistakes
- Recognize and accept the consequences of one’s actions
- Accept personal responsibility for actions, activities and work
- Honor commitments
- Manage resources in a responsible, transparent manner
- Collaboration: work in teams to achieve excellence in education, research/scholarship, patient care and service.
- Pursue opportunities to collaborate within the College and inter-professionally
- Be a team player
- Place interests of the team above your own interests
- Learn with and from each other
- Work as engaged partners within the university and the profession
- Continuous Learning: strive to acquire knowledge or skills by study, instruction or experience.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning
- Provide avenues for group/team learning
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of learning
- Strive to be an effective learning organization that acquires, creates and transfers knowledge
- Facilitate the learning of faculty and staff in order to continuously improve the organization
- Maintain competence and enhance skills in areas of expertise
- Diversity in People and Thinking: embracing inclusiveness, access and equity for all; recognizing and appreciating the totality of the many ways individuals are similar and different in an atmosphere that promotes and celebrates individual and collective achievements.
- Respect different opinions, experiences, backgrounds and perspectives
- Acknowledge and appreciate our differences
- Encourage different approaches to problem-solving
- Compassion: feeling and exhibiting concern and empathy for others.
- Treat everyone with respect, dignity, open-mindedness, esteem and caring
- Selflessly serve others
- Be sensitive to the needs of others