How to Apply to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program
Primary Application Process:
- Complete and submit a PharmCAS application by January 5, 2017 (September 6, 2016 for Early Decision consideration), for Fall 2017 entrance. Applications must be submitted by 10pm (MST).
- Please allow 3-6 hours to completely fill out application.
- Application fee is $150 to apply to one school and $55 for each additional school.
- Arrange for official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS from each school attended.
- Three letters of recommendation are required for consideration for admission. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted directly to PharmCAS by your reference providers.
- Complete the PCAT. Please send scores to PharmCAS, code 104.
- Complete secondary (see 2nd tab) supplemental application process.
- After receipt of the completed PharmCAS application, transcripts from all U.S. and Canadian post-secondary institutions attended and correct PharmCAS fees, PharmCAS will forward all application materials to the College of Pharmacy.
Tips for Applying:
- The application does not have to be filled out in its entirety during one session. You may save your application and complete it later.
- We recommend that you have copies of your transcripts (official or unofficial) from all schools attended while you complete the application.
- Please follow this link to the PharmCAS home page for more information on the application process. Read all sections carefully so that you may have a full understanding of the new application process. www.pharmcas.org
Secondary Application Process:
A supplemental application and fee is also required by the College of Pharmacy.
- The supplemental application deadline is also January 5, 2017.
- The application fee of $51.50 should be paid at the UNM Marketplace.
- The supplemental application also requires a photo ID for identification purposes. Please submit a passport-like photo from the shoulders up (like a photo found on your passport, driver’s license or state issued identification). Upload and email to the College of Pharmacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us:
Phone: (505) 272-3241
Admissions Consideration Process:
- All application materials (PharmCAS application, supplemental application, letters of recommendation and PCAT score) will be considered by the Admissions Committee.
- Selected applicants will be offered interviews at the College of Pharmacy. Out-of-state applicants may be offered interviews via teleconference (i.e. Skype). You must participate in an invited interview to be considered for admittance to the College of Pharmacy.
- If you are accepted to the PharmD program, a $515 deposit will be required to hold your position in the class. The deposit will be applied to your programmatic costs following matriculation into the College of Pharmacy. If you do not matriculate in Fall 2016, your deposit will be forfeited.
- We encourage students to APPLY EARLY.
- Interviews will be offered to selected applicants throughout the late fall and spring. Only complete application files will be considered for an interview.