Jeffrey P. Norenberg, PharmD, PhD, BCNP, FASHP, FAPhA
Professor and Director of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Norenberg earned a BS in life sciences from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln (1986), a BS in pharmacy (1990) and a MS in pharmaceutical sciences (1991) from the University of New Mexico, a Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Washington (2001), and a PhD in molecular medicine from Erasmus University in Rotterdam, The Netherlands (2013). Dr. Norenberg joined the faculty of the College of Pharmacy in 1993.
Norenberg’s research focuses on targeted de livery of radiopharmaceuticals for molecular imaging and therapy of cancer and the translation from pre-clinical to clinical applications. He is an expert in the design and development of targeted radioligands for molecular imaging and therapy. Dr. Norenberg’s work in the discovery and development of radiopharmaceuticals for molecular imaging and therapy and development of teaching methods using computer-aided distance education tools have resulted in four issued patents, over 100 scholarly works, and more than $14,000,000 in extramural funding.
- Executive Director and Chairman, National Association of Nuclear Pharmacies
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists
- New Mexico Pharmacists Association
- New Mexico Society of Health System Pharmacists
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Southwest Chapter of the Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Delegate to the United States Pharmacopeia Convention